Institute for Global Health Policy Research (iGHP), National Center for Global Health and Medicine (NCGM), in conjunction with P4H-Global Network for Social Health Protection Coordination Desk, World Health Organization, and Asia-Pacific Observatory for Health systems and Policies (APO), is delighted to announce the upcoming UHC Forum 2017 side event, “Health System Financing and Social Health Protection for UHC: Role of Comparative Health System Analysis and Regional Collaborations in Asia” which is to be held on December 15, 2017 in Tokyo.
|Date & Time||Friday, December 15, 2017, 15:00-17:30|
|Topic||“Health System Financing and Social Health Protection for UHC: Role of Comparative Health System Analysis and Regional Collaborations in Asia”|
|Venue||Golden Cup Room, 3rd Floor, Tokyo Prince Hotel|
|Language||English only (No Japanese interpretation will be provided)|
|Participation||Free of charge and open to general public. Advance registration is required.
Please register through the link provided here for your attendance in advance:https://goo.gl/forms/ojZEkckPVHhaxBf82
UHC Forum 2017 in Tokyo: http://universalhealthcoverageday.org/forum/
Health financing and social protection for UHC
|15:15-15:30||Questions and Answers|
Country cases on networking and shifting evidence to policy
|15:40-15:55||Questions and Answers|
Ms. Xenia Scheil-Adlung, ILO
Ms. Irina Nikolic, World Bank
Dr. Menkhanym Kaldybayeva, Ministry of Health, Kazakhstan
Mr. Heiko Warnken, BMZ, Germany
|16:10-16:25||Questions and Answers|
|16:25-16:40||Major health financing and social protection issues in Asia (Soonman Kwon, Seoul National University)|
|16:40-16:50||Asia Networking-P4H website presentation (D. Bayarsaikhan, P4H)|
|16:50-17:00||APO as another example of regional partnership (Nima Asgari, APO)|
|17:00-17:15||Questions and Answers|
|17:15-17:25||Japan HiT Report (Haruka Sakamoto, University of Tokyo)|
|17:25-17:30||Closing remarks (Eiji Hinoshita, Director-General, Bureau of International Health Cooperation, NCGM)|
- Validation of priority health financing and protection issues and challenges to progress towards UHC in Asia including strategic policy actions and responses.
- Consolidated views on regional networking initiative for UHC, particularly health financing, in Asia, comments and feedback to strategize the next step collaborative actions.
- Highlighting challenges and opportunities for using health system research to generate evidence for policy change in Asia Pacific
- Sharing findings of “Japan Health Systems in Transition (HiT) report” together with Asia Pacific Observatory (APO) as an example of health care financing for the ageing society as well as a collaboration model in Asia.
Potential contribution to the UHC 2030 key principles:
This side event will contribute to the principles related to evidence-based health national strategies and leadership, a commitment to improve health system for all, and international cooperation based on mutual learning.
Co-sponsor & Organizing partners:
- Institute for Global Health Policy Research (iGHP), the Bureau of International Health Cooperation, National Center for Global Health and Medicine (NCGM), Japan: http://www.ighp.ncgm.go.jp/en/
- P4H-Global Network for Social Health Protection Coordination Desk, Department of Health Systems Governance and Financing, World Health Organization, Headquarters, Geneva: https://p4h.world/
- Asia-Pacific Observatory for Health systems and Policies (APO): http://www.wpro.who.int/asia_pacific_observatory/en/
For more details of this side event, please see the event program here: (PDF)